Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nude Yoga



 I hope everyone has had an opportunity to enjoy at least a bit of the warmer weather and sunshine that has come our way this past week.  On one of the warmest days I spent time tending my garden naturally which is one of my favorite things to do.  Just as a reminder, we haven’t had much sun all over, all winter so do be sensible with the exposure.  I had a slight pink glow after my day digging & raking. Sunshine has many healthful benefits, it provides much needed vitamin D and natural spectrum light elevates mood while fighting depression.  Just remember sun screen is your friend, eyes need protection from over exposure, and hats aren’t just a fashion statement but help regulated body temperature.  
I like to call attention when advertisers use nudity (in good taste) to high light products.  I very much like the following photo by Toesox.  I have not used any of their items but just may order the sox as they seem to make sense for use in several yoga postures.  Yoga Journal often runs their ads and there are several photos used with this model who is a yoga teacher.  In case you are interested here’s a link to their posters and products.    www.toesox.com
As you may imagine not everyone in the yoga community loves these ads and images and there are several scathing letters about this being exploitation.  Please take a look and judge for yourselves.  
Namasta’ from the WW Naked Lady.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment